After a long Colorado winter, the heat of summer can be a welcomed diversion. However, after a few hot days, your house can quickly become hot and uncomfortable without a functioning air conditioner. If your unit needs to be replaced, or your existing system needs repairs or maintenance, call Befort Plumbing & Heating for services in Aurora, CO. In business since 1957, we are family-owned and operated.
Here is a list of our top AC services:
- Emergency AC Services
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Heat Pump Services
- Indoor Air Quality
- Air Duct Repair
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Filter Replacement
- Commercial HVAC
Does your AC unit need a tune-up? Contact us to schedule air conditioning repair in Aurora.
Signs You Need To Replace Your AC System
Were you crossing your fingers that your aging air conditioner made it through the end of last season? Instead of wishing and hoping for another year, watch for these signs that can indicate your unit needs to be replaced:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: Your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs. Your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: You need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: Your unit is leaking.
- Noises: You hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
How To Save Money on Cooling Costs
Walking into a cool, comfortable house in the middle of summer can feel amazing, but it can also take a toll on your utility bills. To reduce your expenses, use these tips:
- Check your property’s insulation to make sure it’s keeping the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Are you ready to replace your aging AC unit? Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Common Problems With AC Units
While you likely don’t want to think about your air conditioner malfunctioning, unfortunately, it can happen occasionally. Some common issues your unit might encounter can include:
- The unit is not producing cold air. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.