Are you tired of cleaning your wood-burning fireplace? Do you want to add ambiance to a room with a fire, but you don’t want the hassle of trying to find wood and then light it? Then you could be ready for a gas fireplace. Call the experts at Befort Plumbing & Heating to learn about our gas fireplace repair and installation services in the Aurora, CO area. A family-owned company, we provide upfront pricing.
Is your heater malfunctioning? Contact us to learn about our heater repair services in Aurora.
Benefits of Gas Log Fireplaces vs. Wood Fireplaces
It can be a difficult decision when choosing between a gas log fireplace and a wood-burning unit. However, gas systems offer many benefits over wood units. Some of these can include:
- Gas logs produce heat quickly with the push of a button.
- They don’t require matches, tinder, kindle, or wood.
- You don’t have to buy or store firewood.
- You don’t have to worry about insects and animals getting into the wood.
- Gas fireplaces are safer, as stray embers don’t put your family or home at risk.
Installation Procedures for Gas Log Fireplaces
Are you avoiding converting your wood-burning fireplace because you are afraid it’s going to make a mess in your house and result in a large inconvenience for your family? Relax, it is a simpler process than you might realize. During the installation, you can expect a professional to:
- Install gas lines and hookups and secure the intakes.
- Add a burner.
- Carefully place the logs in a way that looks good, and natural.
- Add sand and rocks as needed to evenly distribute the heat.
- If you’d like, you can have glowing embers added to increase the authenticity.
- If you are converting your wood-burning fireplace to a gas model, professionals can ensure your existing system is rated for use with vented logs.
Do you want the ability to only heat certain areas of your property? Learn about our radiant heating options.
Maintenance for Gas Log Fireplaces
While gas fireplaces may require less cleaning than wood-burning units, there are some maintenance tasks you will need to perform. These can include:
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a professional to check your system and ensure it’s working properly.
- Have a contractor inspect it for gas leaks and other fire hazards.
- Gently wipe down the gas logs to keep them clean.
- Clean the wire connections.
- Clean the glass door at least once a month.
- Check the gasket for cracks or missing pieces.
- Inspect the unit’s outside vent for debris, and remove it if necessary.