Does your hot water run out before your entire family is done showering? Do you have to wait to do laundry to preserve hot water for baths? There is a way to avoid this. You can get hot water on-demand with a tankless water heater. These systems provide hot water while using less energy and taking up less space. For repairs and installations in Aurora, CO, call Befort Plumbing & Heating. A family-owned and operated company, we’ve been in business since 1957.
Do you prefer a traditional water heater? We have those, too! Learn about our water heater services.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
It can be a difficult decision when choosing between a traditional water heater or a tankless unit for your Aurora home. Some of the benefits of installing an on-demand system include:
- It can reduce your monthly utility bills by only heating the exact amount of water needed.
- It requires less maintenance than traditional units.
- It poses fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- It takes up less space than traditional models as it doesn’t have a storage tank.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
When purchasing new appliances for your home, there is no guarantee of how long the system will last. Tankless water heaters are no different. Experts estimate these systems can last between 10 to 20 years -- or longer -- depending on the make and model. This can be affected by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
Is there evidence of a leak at your property but you’re not sure where it is? Contact us to schedule water leak detection services.
Common Issues With on-Demand Water Heaters
When purchasing a tankless water heater there are some potential problems to be aware of. These can include:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the unit.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.