Is your hard water causing stains in your bathtub and sinks? Are your showerheads and faucets caked with white crystals? Is your hair brittle? Eliminate these issues by installing a water softener. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating to learn how this system can extend the lifespan of your plumbing fixtures. We are family-owned and operated!
Is it time to install a new kitchen sink? Contact us to learn about our kitchen plumbing services.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
While you might think of a water softener as an optional appliance, the system provides so many benefits to your household that it is an essential unit to install. Some of the advantages include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware.
- Softer, smoother, and cleaner hair and skin.
- Less soap scum on showers and bathtubs, resulting in less housework.
- Less usage of soaps and shampoos, as water that’s gone through the system can result in a rich lather, allowing you to use up to 75 percent fewer products.
- Softer and brighter fabrics and clothing.
- Longer lasting appliances such as coffee makers, ice makers, dishwashers, and washing machines.
- Reduced greenhouse gases that are the equivalent to removing one SUV from the road for one year.
How To Maintain Your Water Softener
To keep your water softener operating correctly, there are several ongoing maintenance tasks you should perform. These can include:
- Add rock salt on a regular basis. Most units have a light that will alert you when the system is running low on salt.
- Clean the unit at least once a year.
- Have a professional inspect the system on a regular basis to look for any potential issues.
Are you not sure of the quality and safety of the drinking water in your house? Don’t take any chances. Learn about our water filtration system services.
Signs You Have Hard Water
Are you not sure if you have hard water in your house? There are some signs you can look for, including:
- Spots: Look for small, white spots on glassware or dishes after washing them.
- Bottle test: Fill a plastic bottle halfway up with tap water. Put the cap on and shake the bottle. Then, dump out the water. Next, fill the bottle again and add a few drops of soap to it. Shake the bottle and look for suds. The longer you have to shake the bottle to get suds to form, the harder your water likely is.
- Low water pressure: If you notice low water pressure from your shower head and faucets it could be due to a buildup of minerals that are clogging the fixtures.
- Faded clothing: Watch to see if the colors in your clothing are fading, or are wearing out more quickly.
- Irritation: Pay attention to if your skin feels dry or your hair becomes brittle.