Do you hold your breath every time your air conditioner turns on, just hoping it pumps out cool air? If so, it’s time to give yourself some peace of mind and install a new unit. Call the experts at Befort Plumbing & Heating to schedule AC installation services in Aurora, CO. In business since 1957, we have the experience to replace your old unit accurately and quickly. We are family-owned and operated!
Are you looking for a more energy-efficient way to cool your house? Contact us to see if installing a ductless mini split AC system is right for you.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner
It can be difficult to come to the realization that you need to replace your existing air conditioner. However, some symptoms make it more obvious than others that it’s time to install a new unit. These can include:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Higher bills. Your system is losing efficiency, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Not operating at its full capacity. Your home is not reaching the desired temperature.
- Needs repairs. Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Needs a costly repair. Your unit needs a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your system is leaking moisture.
- Loud sounds. You hear strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with your motor.
- Lack of cold air. You feel cold air coming out of the unit, but it is not blowing as strongly as it should be.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
While you might have at first been apprehensive about installing a new air conditioner, soon you can start reaping the benefits of having a brand new system. Some of the advantages can include:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can result in lower utility bills.
- New technology and features to give you maximum indoor climate control to cool your house to the ideal temperature.
- Even cooling to avoid hot and cold spots.
- Improved indoor air quality in your home.
- Longer lifespan than older models.
Is your house not properly cooling - even when your air conditioner is running? Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
When You Need To Recharge Your Refrigerant
Let’s be honest, your air conditioner’s refrigerant level is likely not top-of-mind. At least it isn’t until your house stops cooling to the temperature set on the thermostat. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need to recharge your refrigerant are:
- The unit seems to be working normally but the air that's being pumped out doesn't feel as cold as it should.
- The unit is not cooling the house to the setting on the thermostat.
- The system is blowing out warm or room-temperature air.
If you have a refrigerant leak, look for frost buildup on tubes, motors, and other parts of the system.
Contact the experts at Befort Plumbing & Heating if you notice any of these symptoms. Refrigerants can be dangerous and therefore should only be handled by trained professionals.