Is the water heater malfunctioning in your building? Is there a clogged drain preventing water from draining down a sink? You need professional help quickly. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for commercial plumbing repairs in Aurora, CO. A family-owned company since 1957, we offer upfront pricing.
Do you want to save money on your utility bills? Find out if installing a tankless water heater is the right choice for your property.
When To Replace Your Water Heater
Are you crossing your fingers your aging water heater keeps hanging on? Don’t risk leaving your building’s occupants with cold water. Watch for these signs that can indicate you should replace your unit:
- Signs of aging, especially if the unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- A higher utility bill, which can indicate it’s losing efficiency.
- Rust and corrosion on the unit.
- Leaks coming from the unit or the tank.
- Rust in the water.
- Lack of hot water.
- Water isn’t able to drain through the drain valve.
- Cracks in the unit.
How To Prevent Clogged Toilets
With a lot of people using the restrooms in your commercial property, you can be at an increased risk of clogged toilets. If left untreated, this can lead to a plumbing emergency. To avoid these issues, use these tips to prevent clogged toilets:
- Never flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Avoid placing big wads of toilet paper into the toilet.
- Do not flush paper towels.
- Avoid placing beauty aids like Q-Tips and other hygienic products into the toilet.
- Do not flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
As a reminder to throw these items in the garbage, keep a wastebasket near the toilets.
When a pipe bursts or another plumbing emergency occurs, contact us to schedule emergency services.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Is there standing water in your building’s sinks? It’s important to have a professional clean your drains as soon as possible to prevent further water damage. If you notice the following signs you should schedule professional drain cleanings:
- Slow drains: These can indicate a variety of problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: Frequent clogs can indicate you have not successfully removed the blockage, and you need a plumber to inspect the clog and clear it.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: This could indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line and should be inspected immediately.
- Foul odor: This can signal a minor issue, like food that is trapped inside your drain, or something more major like a problem with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is sewage backup. If you notice flooding in your basement and/or near a floor drain, this could indicate a clog and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor. This should be inspected by a professional ASAP.