Is your solution to a leaky kitchen faucet to wrap a towel around it and hope it stops? Unfortunately, that will not fix your problem. Instead, you need professional repairs. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for kitchen plumbing services in Aurora, CO. A family-owned and operated company, we offer upfront pricing to our clients.
Is your kitchen sink clogged? Contact us to schedule drain cleaning services with our technicians.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Was your garbage disposal making an odd noise a couple of days ago, and now it just won’t turn on at all? This can signal you need repairs. Some common problems your unit might encounter can include:
- Jams: This can occur when inappropriate items -- like high-fiber vegetables such as corn husks and carrots -- are placed in the disposal.
- Clogs: When clogs occur, professionals may need to take apart the disposal to remove the blockage.
- Loss of power: If you flip the switch and your unit doesn’t start, it can be due to a disrupted or faulty connection. A professional can inspect the unit and make any necessary repairs.
- Noise: Loud or unusual noises can indicate there are metal or hard plastic objects in the appliance.
- Leaking disposal: Leaks can be repaired by a plumber to get the unit working correctly.
When To Replace Your Faucet
Is your kitchen faucet the same one that came with your Aurora house when you moved in? If so, it can be time to replace it. Some signs that can indicate you need to install a new model are:
- Leaks: If your faucet is leaking, have a plumber inspect it to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Severe limescale buildup: If you have buildup on your unit it can decrease your water pressure and cause other parts of your system to rust.
- Expensive parts: If you need to replace various parts on your unit, it can be more cost-effective to install a new faucet rather than make the repairs.
Don’t risk your family’s health with contaminated water due to backflow. Contact us to learn about backflow repair services.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Like all appliances, it’s important to perform maintenance on your garbage disposal to keep it working properly. Some tasks you should perform regularly include:
- Avoid putting hard food items like corn husks and chicken bones down the disposal.
- Don’t put starchy foods, like potatoes, in the unit.
- When using the system, run water into the disposal and keep it running for a few seconds after it has been turned off.
- To keep the blades sharp, grind ice in the unit once a week.
- Clean your system with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Freshen your unit with lemons.