When you turn on your faucet to pour yourself or a family member a glass of water, are you certain the water is pure and safe for consumption? If you’re not, then you need to install a whole-house water filtration system. These units can purify the water to ensure it’s healthy for your family to drink. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for installations and repairs in Aurora, CO. We offer upfront pricing!
Do you have hard water in your house? Contact us to learn about our water softener services.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
Are you looking for a new water filtration system but you’re not sure which one to select? Learn about some of the pros and cons of each of the following systems:
- Charcoal Filters: These are typically low in cost and are one of the most popular models.
- Sediment Filters: These help with homes that use well water.
- Water Distillers: These models use energy and typically have slow production. They remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from the water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This option removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals, and creates bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These add a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: This option destroys germs.
- Magnetic Water Filters: These filters reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared Water Filters: These passively reshape water structures.
- Catalytic Water Filters: This type uses resin bead coatings to target specific toxins.
Whole-Home Water Filter Maintenance
When you turn on your faucet you want to know your water filter is working correctly and the water is pure. To keep it functioning, you need to perform the following maintenance tasks on various types of filters:
- Regularly change the carbon filters.
- With a reverse osmosis system, clean or replace the membrane. Service the pump that creates water pressure as needed.
- In water distillers, clean the components regularly.
- Replace ultraviolet bulbs in UV units as needed.
Is the water heater out in your building? Call us to learn about our commercial plumbing services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
While it’s usually never convenient, from time to time your water filtration system will experience issues that need attention. Some common problems you might experience can include:
- The unit can stop working properly if you forget to change the carbon filter.
- The pump used in a reverse osmosis system could develop issues that can diminish your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less frequent problems, it typically takes longer to do its job properly.