The longer a water leak goes unrepaired, the more damage it can cause to your property. To prevent extensive repairs, it’s important to detect and repair the leak as soon as possible. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for water leak detection services in Aurora, CO. A family-owned and operated company, we provide upfront pricing.
Gas leaks can pose dangerous risks to your property. Take action as soon as you suspect a problem. Call us for gas leak detection services.
Causes of Hidden Water Leaks
Hidden water leaks can cause major damage to your property if they are not found and repaired soon. Some potential causes of these leaks can include:
- Aging pipes that can break down.
- Corrosion that can lead to leaks.
- Freezing pipes that can burst.
- Poorly installed pipes.
- Tree roots can cause the pipes to break.
- Cracks in your system.
- Other major obstructions can cause damage to your pipelines if not removed.
If you suspect you have a leak, call Befort Plumbing & Heating to let our experts inspect the issue.
Potential Dangers of Leaky Pipes
While you might be aware that leaky pipes can cause water damage to your property, they can also cause other potential issues, including:
- Flooding in your home, yard, and surrounding property.
- Severe property damage to your house that can lead to mold and mildew.
- Health hazards caused by a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your piping system.
- Electrical shortages that could put you and your family at risk.
- Higher water bills.
Are your drains slowing down due to a clog or buildup? Contact us to schedule drain cleaning services.
How To Avoid Leaks in Your Piping System
Perhaps the most effective way to avoid water damage to your house is to prevent a leak from forming in the first place. Some ways to avoid leaks in your system are:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a plumber.
- Have your old or damaged pipes replaced.
- Insulate your pipes during cold weather to avoid freezing.
- Schedule professional drain cleaning services.
- Don’t put harmful materials down your drains.
- Be aware of where your pipes run underground and avoid major construction projects near them.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.