Does dealing with a flooded basement, extensive water damage, and mold and mildew sound like fun? Of course not. That’s why as soon as you notice an issue with your main water line it’s crucial to have it repaired by a professional. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for services in Aurora, CO. A family-owned and operated company, we bring the experience of being in business since 1957 to every job!
When you need repairs on your gas line, leave the work to the professionals. Call us for gas line services in Aurora.
Common Water Main Issues
An issue with your main water line can cause major damage to your home. If you notice any of these common issues you should seek professional services quickly:
- Holes or cracks: External corrosion from soil or frost can cause holes or cracks to form.
- Pressure: Pressure can cause lines to break, resulting in water flowing out of the pipes and to the surface. This can include the street, your lawn, or even your basement. This can also lead to contaminated water in your house - which can lead to health issues for your family.
- Leaky water valve: Leaky valves can be a common issue. Contact a professional to repair or replace the valve if you suspect you have a problem.
How To Detect a Leak
Speed matters when it comes to detecting a leak in your water line. The faster you find the problem and have it repaired, the better. Some signs to watch for that can indicate a leak include:
- Mold or mildew growing on the walls or floor.
- Wet spots forming on the floors or walls.
- Lusher grass than usual. While this may seem like a positive, it can indicate a leak that’s providing extra fertilizer to your lawn.
- Running water meter even when the fixtures are turned off.
Do you have a stubborn clog regular removal methods can’t get? Learn about our hydro jetting services.
Follow These Steps When Repairing or Replacing Your Water Line
It’s important to make sure any repairs or replacement of your water line are done correctly. Follow these steps to ensure accuracy:
- Call a professional: If you suspect you have an issue, call an expert as soon as possible to make the repairs. It’s important to not try to fix these problems yourself.
- Know the signs for a full replacement: It can be difficult to determine if you need to replace your system or if you need repairs. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include the age of your home and if you’ve had frequent plumbing issues.
- Be safe: Call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your water line to ensure there are no dangers near the pipes or electrical or gas lines before professionals perform any digging.