Is your house not reaching its ideal temperature? Is the cool air produced by your air conditioner not being circulated? It could be a malfunctioning air handler. Your AC relies on this unit to distribute the cool air it pumps out. Without it, your house may be uncomfortable. To have your system inspected, call Befort Plumbing & Heating for air handler repairs and replacements in Aurora, CO. We offer upfront pricing!
Is your AC unit making strange noises, or is there moisture leaking from it? Call us to schedule air conditioning repairs.
Why Air Handlers Play an Important Role in Your AC System
When researching possible reasons for why your Aurora house isn’t cooling to the temperature on the thermostat - even when the AC unit is running - you might have come across an “air handler.” So, what is this unit and how does it impact your system?
- It helps regulate and circulate the airflow from the AC unit.
- It directs air through the heating and cooling systems.
- It pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- It regulates the circulation rate.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
Unfortunately, a malfunctioning air handler is not something you can put off fixing. In fact, there are many benefits to replacing your unit as soon as possible, including:
- Not having to shut down your air conditioner or furnace, leaving you with an absence of cool or warm air.
- Protecting other parts of your heating or cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoiding larger, more costly repairs that a malfunctioning air handler can cause.
- Providing better indoor air quality by properly circulating the air.
Is there a musty odor in your house when your AC unit is running? Contact us to learn about our evaporator coil services.
Common Problems With Air Handlers
A malfunctioning air handler can impact your entire cooling system, so it’s important to identify the problem and have it repaired as soon as possible. Some common issues you might encounter include:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.