Do you need a new gas appliance installed, or a new gas line added for a grill or a fireplace? Leave the work to the professionals. Dealing with gas lines can be extremely dangerous and must be handled by experienced experts. Call Befort Plumbing & Heating for appointments in Aurora, CO. A family-owned and operated company, we have the experience of being in business since 1957!
Is there a blockage in your drain regular cleaning methods can’t remove? Learn about our hydro jetting services.
Signs Your Gas Line Needs To Be Repaired or Replaced
To keep your household safe, it’s important to schedule professional services at the first sign of an issue with your gas line. Some symptoms to watch for include:
- Unfamiliar hissing or roaring sounds near your gas line.
- Gas-powered appliances malfunction or no longer work efficiently.
- A previous gas leak in the same line.
- An increase in your gas bills although your usage hasn’t changed.
- Part of your gas line is visible.
- An aging gas line.
Common Symptoms of a Gas Leak
It’s crucial to act quickly if you have a gas leak at your property. You should seek professional help at the first signs of a leak. These can include an odor of rotten eggs around your property or hissing noises near your gas line. You should also watch for dying vegetation around your house, or excess condensation on your windows. Also, pay attention to any health issues your family is suffering from. If you notice any of these signs, call Befort Plumbing & Heating to let our experts repair the issue.
Is your aging sewer line at risk for corrosion or other issues? Learn about our easy and non-invasive sewer video inspection services.
What To Do When You Have a Gas Leak
Every second matters when you have a gas leak in your house. To keep your family safe, follow these steps as soon as you notice a leak:
- Evacuate your home. You need to leave the property immediately and be careful not to turn on any lights or electronics, and not light any flames. You also need to avoid starting any vehicles - even if they are in your garage or parked on the street. Any spark can cause an explosion.
- Call emergency professionals for help. They can help identify and repair the problem before any damage is done to your home or property.